Castlemead Insurance Brokers Ltd – Bristol, BS3 1AL
Why work with us?
Do you want to work for an Independent Insurance Broker that is growing where you will be a key team member?
Who are Castlemead?
Castlemead are a business focused insurance broker.
Castlemead believe in Protecting our clients from catastrophe and giving excellent customer service and we’ve been finding the best cover at the best possible price for our clients for over 30 years. We offer a full insurance broking and risk management service.
Castlemead are different
We want our team and our clients to understand the policy wordings they are buying. We invest in our team’s understanding, so they become valued advisors to our clients.
We are not a Consolidator, an American Corporate or pressured by external investors– we are able to do the best for our clients using the whole of the market.
We are also members of Brokerbility that allows us compelling buying power and commissions enabling us to compete.
We take a weekly pulse for direct feedback from our team and suggestions are reviewed by our Senior Leadership team. Your opinion will be heard and can have influence.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a Claims Handler working in commercial insurance.
Reporting to Account Manager & Director, you will be dealing with the day to day handling of commercial claims from first notification through to final settlement, this will involve maintaining strong working relationships with commercial clients together with negotiations with Insurers and the provision of quarterly claims reports.
The role will also include compilation of general claims experience reports for Account Managers/Account Executives within the office to assist with the renewal process and there is scope for further development.
You will be expected to look after these clients throughout the policy period including:
- renewal negotiations
- midterms reviews, working closely with the Account Executives and claims department
- obtaining alternative quotations consulting directly with insurers
- offering solutions to meet the client’s insurance requirements
- preparation of client documentation following company procedures
- point of referral for claims, as necessary
- checking of policy documents, schedules and claim files
What are we looking for?
- Previous claims handling experience of 12 – 24 months a requirement together with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- The candidate should also benefit from a confident and flexible approach with a willingness to learn.
- Achievement of or evidence of work towards a professional insurance qualification will be beneficial but is not essential.
- Training to achieve Cert CII, and possibly beyond, will be provided.
What Castlemead do for their Team
Castlemead believe in investing in our team. We train, pay for CII examinations, and give study leave to develop your career. Once qualified we offer other professional development courses and training
What does our Team think?
100% of our team are favourable about how we run an insurance broker
100% are favourable about their work environment
100% of our Team feel they have an opportunity to grow with the business
We believe in health and wellbeing.
We believe that businesses have an important role to play in preserving and protecting the environment and engaging in positive ways with our local communities
We actively encourage volunteering and fundraising days for the team, and we are excited about reaching our Net Zero targets.
Bristol and its surrounds are a great place to live
Bristol has a vibrant active insurance industry and is well connected to London making it a great place to have a Career
Our Bristol office has a free gym, and we are in a vibrant part of the City by the harbourside. Some of our team run around the harbour before work, although this isn’t compulsory!
Don’t live in Bristol – we will pay 10% after 3 months as a relocation bonus after a completing your probation.
Office Hours: 9:00am – 5:15pm Monday to Friday potential for split hybrid working post
- Pension 6%/4% plus NI salary sacrifice
- 6 x salary Death in Service
- Long Term Sickness Cover 75% salary after 6 months
- 50% subsidy on Private medical insurance
- Personal Travel insurance including family
- Salary sacrifice
- Free parking at the office
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00 per annum
Comprehensive Covid procedures